“And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul”
In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks. This trek of Corbett is one of the most picturesque trek, which covers a wide variety of terrains and foliage. The trails used in this trek is the same trail used by Jim Corbett to shoot Man eater of Mohan at Katt Ki Naav village. So our trek starts from Katt ki Naav at an altitude of 1200 meters from sea levels. The trek ends at another village called bhakrakot at an altitude of 550 meters. Hotel / Portal / Agency conducts these trek in association with local experienced guides and safety of trekkers is well taken care of.
As mentioned the trek covers almost all types of terrains in corbett, it starts with hilly terrain and open meadows, passing through small villages with as few as 3 to 4 houses living in the mid of forest and towards the end entering into the forest and river beds.
In terms of wildlife spotting, one has the opportunity to spot all types of wildlife including the ones which stay at hills like ghorals and ones which live in dense forests. The trek is also paradise for bird watchers and provides opportunity to spot exotic Birds.
The trek is strictly a no littering trek and other than foot prints, we do not wish to leave anything behind.
The trek duration is between 3 to 4 hours depending on the group and expect another 2 hours for commuting.
What shall be included
- Shared transport from resort to start point of trek
- Drop from end point of trek to resort
- Briefing sessions before the trek
- Walking poles, trek bag, trekking bottle
- Trekking guides (experienced trekkers and knowledge of terrain and forests)
- First Aid kit and safety kit
- Assistance of Hotel / Portal / Agency representative.
What shall NOT be included
- Tips, anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Meals (Guests are expected to carry packed meals from resort). We may provide packed meals as add on service if opted at the time of booking.
- One of the most picturesque treks of corbett
- Covers varied terrains of corbett starting from hills, open meadows, villages to dense forests
- Wildlife spotting and Bird watching
- Services of most experienced local guides